Sunday, July 11, 2010

Silk Painting workshop


I took a silk painting workshop from a wonderful fabric artist, Sandra Holzman. I had done most of the techniques before, but I really needed a refresher since it's been several years. Plus, I have only worked on cotton and it was fun to work on silk. It's so light and airy.

I loved taking the workshop in Sandra's wonderful home studio. It was helpful to see how she manages her set up and organizes her tools and equipment. She is a wonderful teacher - so knowlegeable and generous. She has vast experience and talent.
This was a great idea. Sandra dips a piece of paper in her dye mixes to record the color and the dyes she used to mix them.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

  1. I hope you are well and happy. Sounds like you are.You are still looking younger than your age. Tom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tom? Is this Tom D.? How sweet. Yes, I'm very happy. You?

    ReplyDelete
  3. My email address is tomary@tds.net

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mrs. Marble you look young and healthy like you did 11 years ago when you were my teacher. Nice seeing you. Gino R. Maes

    ReplyDelete