Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Working Hard

I’ve been at La Mesa now for about 2 ½ weeks and I’m totally loving it. Who knew that working full time would make me so happy. It’s scary and challenging, but it’s right where I want to be. I am so happy to be on staff at La Mesa. What a great crew. Everyone who works there has been really friendly and welcoming to me. The atmosphere is refreshingly positive.  It makes me realize how I had gotten used to “making the best” of a somewhat toxic, negative work environment. I love being part of a new team who is committed to creating a culture of respect and helping each other to be successful. 

Today we had the whole sales crew in, and I won’t lie – we just aren’t that busy with customers right now. It seems that everyone is out Christmas shopping, and RV’s aren’t actually at the top of their lists. So, being the busy little elves that we are, we decided to decorate the windows of our showroom. At first, there were only a couple of us painting, but by the end of the morning, I think everyone on the sales crew got into the spirit and picked up a paintbrush for the cause. We really had fun. It turned into a wonderful team building activity. I’m the newest addition to the team, but since we just opened recently, the oldest member has only been here for a couple of months. After the bitter cold and snow of the past couple of weeks, the bright sunshine was a welcome sight. We were all happy to be outside. 


After we finished the windows, we were treated to a catered “quarterly luncheon”. Holy cow, what a spread! I got to see the whole staff including service, detailers, and transport. We had Christmas music and raffle prizes and lots of camaraderie. What fun. All in a day’s work.




No comments:

Post a Comment